technically, this took less than 29 min!
one of those days when A says he’s hungry when an hour ago he said he was too full from lunch. I have an ewok for a husband.
I used chicken drumsticks for this recipe, thighs will do as well but I never buy chicken breast. Yes its healthier with less fat and still as tasty..BUT chicken breast can be very sinewy if not cooked to perfection. Drumsticks and thighs on the other hand are more forgiving if you have poor chinese cooking techniques, like me. hurhur.
I basically marinated them with whatever I had in my pantry and popped them back into the fridge. They were ready to be pan fried when we were back from our run. Cook a side of asparagus and carrots and have it with garlic-butter rice. (recipes below)
Eli’s anyhow-also-can-pass Chicken.
Serves 2 / Prep Time: 5 min / Cooking Time: 7 min
2 chicken drumsticks (or boneless chicken thighs. DO trim off the excess fat. I got rid of most of the skin and it was just as tasty)
For the marinade:
1 tbs oyster sauce
1 tbs dark soy sauce
1/2 tbs light soy sauce
1/2 tbs sesame oil
1/2 tsp brown sugar (I used fine molasses, it’ll caramelize your chicken perfectly)
- Mix the marinade and coat the chicken evenly with it. Let the marinade seep into the crevices of the chicken drumsticks for maximum flavour.
- Marinate for an hour and pan-fry or bake it if you prefer a healthier version.
Serves 2 small eaters or 1 large ape / Prep Time: 10 min / Cooking Time: Depends on your rice cooker
1 cup rice (washed twice)
3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 tbs butter
Sprinkle of mixed herbs
- Melt butter over the stove and add in the garlic.
- After 30 seconds, add in uncooked rice and stir evenly to mix. This coats the rice with butter and garlic.
- Transfer the rice into a rice cooker, add water as required and set your rice cooker to work.
Warning: You will be greeted by the aroma of butter rice when you pop the lid off your rice cooker – which is always not advisable after a run because it will turn you into a ravenous ewok.